Often the first idea that comes to mind when considering using interviews to promote our books is the airwaves via talk radio and real-time TV shows. The idea of reaching a large audience and becoming a celebrity by making an appearance for a few minutes is very appealing but It’s also not realistic. The Internet radio, however, offers a different type of exposure. The podcast or video interview stays online indefinitely available to anyone at any time. The audience of the show is the book’s target market, as readers search for a specific topic. These Internet shows often offer longer interviews (some up to 30-60 minutes) for the author to promote their book and website. Below are some ways authors can make the most out of Internet broadcasts:
· Book different shows that talk about different topics covered in your book, sot that you can reach a wider audience in diverse areas. For example, for my book set up in Europe during WWII I could look for shows highlighting Historical, War, PSTD, Italy, Italian Migration, writing a book about your parents…etc.
· Send different topic list and sample questions to all shows to make sure you have different interviews and don’t end up with several interviews that all sound the same.
· Plan sale promotions and events around the interviews - announce the interviews on your website to get more traffic.
· Make sure you mention your website and book title a few times throughout the interview. Be personable and cordial with host and have sound bites ready to mention that listeners can remember easily after the show is over that will prompt them to visit your site or Google your book.
· Have an audio commercial of the book ready to offer it to the host and sponsor another show with it.
· Make sure you link the show on your website, Amazon’s Author Central account, etc.
· Announce your shows on all the online calendars you can reach as well as your social media sites.
Remember your online interviews will remain available indefinitely so keep mentioning them on your blog and newsletter with the link! For more information on how we help Authors visit www.bookbybookpublicity.com.